Saturday, October 20, 2018

Bulletproof Offroader Cheap: Jeep Grand Cherokee

There is no way I was about to call this vehicle an SUV. People call SUVs "Jeeps" sometimes. Yeah, legendary. In the Lithuanian language, "Jeepas" means... SUV. If you need a Jeep, look no further than the Jeep Grand Cherokee.


I'm talking particularly about the 90s generation of Cherokee with the bulletproof 4.0l motor. Now, I was surprised that relatively new Jeeps were also selling for under that magic $3,000 so maybe check those out.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is no wonder why it is such an icon. It was cheap yet had great off road capabilities, made cruising in a truck-like vehicle bearable - almost luxurious - and came with a powerful engine that was known for making it to 400,000 miles with just good maintenance.


To this day, the Grand Cherokee is a great vehicle. Nowadays it also hauls kids around which is what the old one was good at aswell. If I remember correctly, it could seat seven people so it was a people carrier that could also carry concrete and sh$#.

It could pull a bulldozer out of a ditch... Probably.

This time, I feel like there is no need for specs. The Jeep speaks for itself. There are good examples to this day on Craigslist for some very low prices. I will say it is the cheapest older truck or sport utility vehicle (*ahem*) that is also a great vehicle all-around that I have been able to find. Good running examples of around year 1995 can be found for $1,000.

Without looking up the data, I think it gets about 17 mpg city with the strong 4.0l V6. And you don't really have to worry about anything breaking. Just find yourself a well maintained example and this is really probably the best deal you can get on this type of vehicle.

2 comments:

  1. Different variants of the jeep are the railroad jeep and the land and/or water capable jeep, which are more helpful than some other vehicle of its size.
    car dealerships near me

    ReplyDelete

I Call it Blackhorse - My New Project Car

When I first got this Focus, if you have read the other articles, I hated it. The headlights looked weird and it was making tons of noises. ...