Sunday, September 8, 2019

I Call it Blackhorse - My New Project Car

When I first got this Focus, if you have read the other articles, I hated it. The headlights looked weird and it was making tons of noises. But it's all okay.

Looks like an angel... Kinda... Or a butterfly. 

Rokas took this heap and made it not a heap. The headlights had to be changed immediately. They look like such sh$# clear like they come stock. They throw off ALL of the lines on this car.


I got this car out of necessity. I needed a daily driver as I couldn't afford to keep up with the Lexus LS400 giving me problems every week or two. It's sad... It was at 210k and this Focus has 252k already with no problems.

I still want an LS400 in the future but the reliability thing... Yeah... Throw that thought out because you probably won't find one anymore that won't die within 50k miles. It's just the truth. You want a 150k-ish car that has had maybe two owners max. That's just my recommendation. A lot of these cars that are above 200k have been ghetto-rigged in someone's backyard, have been fixed by people who don't know about cars, and that's a problem.

Back to the Focus. I need to focus. Before changing the spark plugs (before the problem came up), I noticed that at 135hp, it was spinning its wheels and was generally pretty fast.

Anyone reminded of Tron? I've never seen it but the colors are close.

Makes sense. It has a longitudinal engine hooked up to the front wheels making it so very little power is lost before it gets to the wheels. It's also an inline 4 cylinder for those wondering.

Changing the spark plugs made the car purr like a kitten and I keep saying this but I don't know how this car is so fast with 135hp!

That's why I am considering making it a tuner car. I don't want to spend too much money but maybe fuel injectors, better exhaust, headers, and to be real - I want to personally attempt to install a turbo.

Not a big one. Also not too much PSI. I don't want to blow an old engine but man that would be sick. What's a good turbo for this for this car? It's the 2.0 2005 Ford Focus ZX4.

I'm looking to do this as easy as possible. I know no turbo install is easy but I want to pull this off! If anyone in the Central Florida area wants to help (got a turbo lying around?), please send me an email. Thanks.

norgin@gmail.com

I used the LED strips I had in my Lexus before to make this. It's not done yet; the back has four strips that are waiting to be put up.

It has been MONTHS since I've been excited about cars. Stress and financial issues will do that. But I'm back. Guess who's back? Not Shady.

People thanks for reading. Please keep coming back. I will pay for the domain name soon. Right now the site is drivingforbroke.blogspot.com.

- Rokas K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Call it Blackhorse - My New Project Car

When I first got this Focus, if you have read the other articles, I hated it. The headlights looked weird and it was making tons of noises. ...