Sunday, November 18, 2018

How to Not Build a Show Truck

 (Disclaimer: If you are easily offended at jokes, do not read. Also read the title very carefully. This is a piece on how to not build a truck. Get it?)

I was fueling myself, my wife, and my car at the gas station when I noticed a very nice Toyota show truck. I mean this thing is beautiful and built right. Today I'm going to show you how to not build one.


So here it is. This is a Toyota truck and if you didn't know, just by looking at it, neither could you tell the brand nor could you see the door handles. No really, there's no door handles so I don't know how you get in at all.

Let me just say that even with my meager understanding of building cars from the ground up (or cars at all for that matter), even I can tell you the engine bay is absolutely perfectly set up. The design looks like they never planned to have a hood on, ever. Beautiful. (I love Florida's vehicle laws.)


This truck has a whole lot going on simply because of the graphics but it's pure hot-rod and fits very well. Whoever did it, did a great job. Apparently the owner re-did it. Hmm.

Look at the suspension on this thing. To be honest, I have no idea what it is, and the owner couldn't tell me either...?


The owner who we'll call Joe said he re-did the truck and would just not tell me what the heck rear suspension that was. You could tell he loved his truck but something was out of place.

If you built that, wouldn't you be ranting and raving about how you had to adapt this and create that from scratch? All Ol' Joe could say was "It's been in magazines."

And then it hit me. He bought the truck. I also suddenly understood why he wouldn't offer up any information at all about the thing and mentioned giving me a ride in it.

He wanted money.


It's a very nice truck and congratulations to the person or people that built it. Joe, however, I don't understand. Did you buy it just to make money from it? It's so weird! There's easier ways to make money...

Anyway, I don't suppose he would take a cut of my $10/year business from the ads on this site for the juicy details so I didn't bother asking. It just looks cool. I think it's bagged but I don't know... Joe wouldn't tell me!

Glory! Me taking pictures drew a scene.

Congrats Joe, you got a feature. This was How to Not Build a Show Truck and I am...

- Rokas Kirvelis

19 comments:

  1. Damn fella, you're definitely gonna get roasted for this one. It's already screen shot'd making its rounds on the ol' interwebz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how in the hell do you not see the hood pins,,,I would love to see what your building

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d say that this is exactly how to build a show truck low rider.
    Proper name for this thread, how NOT to commentate on a build well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. expand your horizons a bit dude, this truck is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How not to build a show truck unless you want it in magazine's,win trophies, get photos taken,etc.. you know show truck stuff. How can you have anything to do with the custom or even stock vehicles and not see two big airbags in plain site, and shaved door handles go back to the dawn of the hot rod scene. You should probably stick with reviewing the mc rib sandwich for all your car knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....just wow.! How does this guy have a thread or website about vehicles?!? Especially talking trash about this one an saying that it wasn't built right?! So definitely doesn't know dick about the custom scene or custom car culture for one, two a lot of these mods have been done since the 90's; so how old are you 22-23?! An I hate the fact that someone took the time out of their day to show you an tell you about it then you talk all this shit about the owner?! You aren't even on the same level as this guy or anyone of us in the custom car/truck scene, you don't understand shaved doors or airbag suspension LMFAO dude get a new job

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a JOKE PIECE, people. The title is "How to Not Build a Show Truck." Do you get it? How to NOT BUILD ONE. Now with that in mind, re-read the article. Did I trash talk him? I said his truck was beautiful. All I said was he didn't buy it. People, you really need to calm yourself a little. The owner is a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you will know this truck was built at diverse customers. The hood was taken off of the truck and kept buy one of the owners. It had a marvel comics character on it. We put a lot of time and effort into this truck and every owner since has done more work too it. And really dont appreciate you talking shit about this truck cause one of my brothers who air brushed this truck is having kidney failure and is bad shape and this is one of the last trucks he painted for us. I could not be happier that this truck is still to this day sporting the same paint job that he layed down!! If you was any kind of blogger on autos you would know that it was bagged and yes door handles was shaved and it's called a key fob that opens it smdh. Some people are idiots just to get attention

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mini truckers must not know how to read.
    Its not knocking the build, its knocking the owner that bought it and has no idea what he owns.
    Jeebus, learn how to fully read an article. Then take a minute to comprehend then you will understand it better.
    You know the saying, measure twice, cut once?
    Some of you guys need to read twice!
    -Not anonymous old school Mini trucker with reading comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok lets get this straight. I own traded and yes I know what I got and all the history on her. This guy just wanted to know a few things I told him to call and I would tell him all the history on it and all the things I had to do to her and replace and fix and reweld.so he could have had a nice feature in his lil blog Then he said since I didn't build her he didn't want to do it. Told him that's fine but he put this shit up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beside the more standard shades of dark, white, red and Olympic blue, stickers likewise come in hues like red, blue-green, yellow, beige, weapon metal dim, sapphire blue, dim green, burgundy, blue-green, lime green, orange, even gold and silver. Red Bull Decals

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are the main provider of authority RSA-endorsed amendment materials. Utilizing the official amendment materials gives yo Pretest Lessons Dublin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Supercars fall inside a set classification of autos where the vehicles contrast in nature yet share a couple of comparable characteristics.local car dealerships

    ReplyDelete

I Call it Blackhorse - My New Project Car

When I first got this Focus, if you have read the other articles, I hated it. The headlights looked weird and it was making tons of noises. ...