Friday, December 22, 2017

Sucks Being Broke: First gen Toyota Aristo

I love my LS400 and I've already denied a really good offer for it (considering I still haven't had the chance to fix the hood!) but if a man with a Lexus Aristo asked me to trade, I think I would go get my title.

I just came home. I was inspired to write this because on the drive home I realized I was behind a Lexus Aristo. Now, the Toyota Aristo is the Lexus GS300 here in the US. The first gen is the one I'm talking about. I like the second gen as well but it doesn't look as mean.

Me being me and never hesitating to distract drivers with cool cars, I honked and flashed my lights until this guy stopped next to me at a light to talk. (I wasn't actually distracting him - don't get your pantaloons in a bunch [we can't lose another old Lexus!]).

This car had a Lexus badge and said Aristo on the back. I don't know if it was re-badged but if so, this body style should have been a Lexus. How mean does it look?


Those two lights on the GS version don't look nearly as good!

The very nice Japanese man - seeming very pleased that somebody noticed - told me he imported it from Japan. Afterwards he floored it and took off. I love that 1uz sound. The 2uz might be better and I may never know.

As far as I can tell, this car is not under $3,000 and I don't know if it will hit that low although it should. It actually costs more than the equivalent Lexus GS300 (correct me if I'm wrong please). Probably because it looks so much better!

This is something I will definitely consider picking up when the prices hit a low. I shouldn't just tell everybody but hey - I only have five readers! The first and second gen (1990 to 2000) LS400 is going to be a classic car. It was literally the first true Lexus and inspired the Lexus badge. The car was codenamed F-1 when Toyota started working on it in 1980 (ten years before it came out!) and when they decided to call it the LS400, the code became an 'L' inside of a circle when it was discussed on paper and that inspired the Lexus logo.

That's the type of stuff classic cars are made of. The first Ford F150... The first Mustang... The first this or that. And this car has flavor. I heard some actor in some movie say "Muscle always beats import." My question was: what about import muscle? And don't scold me for watching Fast and the Furious #14 or whatever - it was the only thing on! I swear.

Boys, save your money. And get something cheap and nice. Eventually you can then buy an Aristo. Oh the beauty!


Personal Note: I am still struggling trying to find a place to live. I'm staying in a hotel so all my money gets spent and I've been extremely busy starting a couple different businesses. I am still looking for another writer but I should be posting articles more frequently after the holidays. And I'm going to buy myself some damn VIP curtains! Yeah, the struggle is real. They're only $25. Happy holidays everybody and thank you for being a reader. My goal is always to deliver the best content I can and you will never see more ads or anything like that. This was a personal goal of mine for a long time. Feel free to post constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Call it Blackhorse - My New Project Car

When I first got this Focus, if you have read the other articles, I hated it. The headlights looked weird and it was making tons of noises. ...